How Dental Veneers Improve Your Smile
Dental veneers are thin tooth-like shells customized to fit over the front surface of a tooth. They address several aesthetic and physical dental issues for a flawless smile. Find out how the dentist near you can improve your smile using veneers.
Dental veneers consist of either porcelain or resin-based composite. Some patients need palatal, removable, or lumineers veneers. The dentist in Lewisville, TX, will help you choose the right type of veneers based on dental needs and personal preferences.
Who Needs Dental Veneers?
Individuals with several cosmetic dental issues can benefit from having veneers treatment. The veneers dentist in Lewisville, TX, uses veneers to address the dental flaws below.
- Deeply stained teeth not whitened using various whitening methods and products. These are covered using tooth-colored porcelain veneers.
- Worn-down teeth either naturally or through teeth grinding are restored using veneers.
- Patients who have many cosmetic dental issues can cover them using veneers.
- Veneers repair chipped irregularly shaped, broken, or cracked teeth.
- Patients with small gaps between their teeth can cover those using dental veneers.
- Some patients opt to repair slightly misaligned teeth using veneers. They are a more straightforward option compared to undergoing long orthodontic treatments.
- Teeth enamel affected by erosion or abrasion is repaired using veneers. They cover the enamel to prevent damage to the tooth.
Procedure for Dental Veneers
If you consider improving your smile using veneers, you will be glad to know that the process is non-invasive. The process involves the assessment of your teeth and dental health. Veneer preparation and application then follow. You will have your new smile within no time.
During the initial consultation, the dentist in Lewisville, TX, performs an oral exam. It ascertains whether veneers are ideal for you and which type best suits you. In addition, you will discuss your goals for a perfect smile, costs, and maintenance.
If the dentist finds issues like gum disease and tooth decay, they are treated first. Some patients may need teeth whitening treatments before placing veneers. Concerns like teeth grinding and jaw clenching are addressed too.
The procedure begins by preparing the tooth’s surface. Preparations depend on the type of veneers to be placed. For example, porcelain veneers need extensive prep work. On the other hand, resin-based veneers require minimal preparations.
After, the dentist will help you choose a shade of veneers that matches the color of the adjacent teeth. It ensures that your teeth have a seamless appearance. Next, an impression of the teeth is taken and sent to the dental laboratory. Finally, the team at the lab designs a custom-made veneer based on the appearance of your teeth.
Since the veneers take 2-4 weeks to customize, the dentist will place temporary veneers on teeth to protect them. Once the new veneers are made, your teeth will be cleaned to remove plaque and bacteria. Next, the dentist polishes and etches the enamel to allow the veneer to bond properly with the tooth. After the veneer’s placement, slight adjustments follow for a perfect fit.
How Do I Care For My Dental Veneers?
Taking care of veneers will ensure that they remain in the best condition and last longer. Below are some instructions to help you in caring for veneers.
- Keep veneers from staining or discoloring. Rinse or brush your teeth whenever you eat or drink colored foods or drinks.
- Avoid biting down on hard things or using your teeth to open lids or caps. The force may crack or break your veneer teeth.
- Wear a customized mouth guard while participating in contact sports. These protect your veneers from dental trauma.
- Maintain proper oral hygiene to keep decay-causing bacteria from damaging your teeth.
- Let your veneers dentist in Lewisville, TX, know if you grind your teeth at night or clench your jaw. You will be fitted with a night mouth guard to keep from damaging your repaired teeth.
- Ensure that you attend regular dental exams and cleanings. The dentist checks the veneers for damage and cleans the teeth thoroughly. These procedures prevent issues such as gum disease and cavities.
Make an appointment for dental veneers in Lewisville, TX at Arte Dental- Lewisville. The dental team is highly trained and experienced in several procedures, including veneers. Also, if you have chipped, cracked, or stained veneers, our dentist can replace or repair them for a new look.