What are Dental Veneers, Their Types, Cost, Benefits, & Aftercare
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are slimy tooth-colored shells bonded to the front exterior of the teeth to enhance their appearance. Dental veneers help correct aesthetic concerns like chipped, broken, discolored, and tinier-than-average teeth.
What are the Different Types of Dental Veneers?
Generally, dental veneers are made from porcelain or composite resin and require intensive preparatory work. However, you can also find no prep veneers applicable through a different process.
When applying dental veneers and grinding down the tooth structure removal, the enamel and the dentin are involved. The grinding allows proper placement of porcelain veneers near Frisco. Unfortunately, it is also an irreversible procedure painful and requires local anesthesia.
Tooth structure removal depends on your aesthetic concerns and how many teeth need the veneers. If you need several shells, the provider may order a mold to help you visualize have your surfaces will appear.
If you prefer alternatives to porcelain veneers, such as the no prep variety, minimal tooth alterations are needed before applying them to the teeth. The type of veneers you can choose include the following:
- Porcelain veneers are also called traditional veneers.
- Composite resin veneers.
- No prep veneers such as Lumineers or Vivaneeres.
What is the Cost of Getting Dental Veneers?
The cost of getting dental veneers differs depending on the version you choose for your teeth. You may want to consider several elements, like the looks of the exteriors, the shells’ lifespan, the installation process’s duration, recommendations by our dentist in Plano, TX, et cetera, before choosing any specific type of surface for your teeth.
Dental insurance is clear of the cost of dental veneers, indicating that you will have to pay out of pocket for the shells. However, the American Dental Association has stated that you can expect to pay between $925 – $2500 per tooth for the surfaces and expect them to stay on the teeth for five to seven years.
The prices for dental veneers depend on which veneers you choose, the brand name available with the dentist, the area’s cost of living, and the dentist’s expertise. Dental veneer costs can reduce significantly if you visit a dental clinic with students supervised by dentists in a dental school faculty.
What are the Benefits of Getting Dental Veneers?
The advantages of getting dental veneers are many. The most notable among them are mentioned below for your reference.
- Dental veneers help improve the looks of your teeth, giving you a whiter and even smile.
- Dental veneers can help treat cosmetic occurrences like broken or chipped teeth.
- Surfaces help cover severely discolored teeth or uneven coloring that teeth whitening treatments cannot fix.
- Dental veneers help improve minor gaps between your teeth.
- The shells can make tinier-than-average teeth appear elongated.
- In addition, they can reshape pointed or unusually shaped teeth.
Veneers last over ten years, depending on the specific version you choose for your teeth. You can consider them a semi-permanent investment in your smile that will make you more assured.
What are the Aftercare Tips for Dental Veneers?
The dental veneer process does not require extended recovery time after installing the shells on your teeth. After the veneers are bonded and the anesthesia wears off, you can eat and chew as usual. However, until the anesthesia wears off, you must remain cautious and refrain from eating for fear of biting your cheeks or tongue.
Occasionally you might notice some rough spots immediately after veneer placement. The spots are usually some excess cement which wears away after several days of eating and brushing. However, if they last, the Plano provider can smooth them out.
You can expect little porcelain veneers to stay on your teeth for at least a decade and occasionally for two decades. Unfortunately, no prep and cosmetic resin veneers will last five to seven years. However, you can extend the longevity of dental veneers by taking some precautions like the ones suggested below.
- Refrain from chewing complex objects like pens, ice, fingernails, and pencils.
- Your teeth are not tools for opening packages. Therefore do not use your teeth as such.
- Try not to chew with your front teeth and cut hard foods into small pieces for comfortable chewing with your molars.
- If you are affected by bruxism, consult with our dentist near you at 75024 and obtain a custom-designed retainer to protect the surfaces.
- Wear a mouthguard if you participate in sporting activities.
After investing considerably to improve the looks of your teeth to smile confidently, you can safeguard the shells on your teeth to make them remain with you as long as possible by using the abovementioned safeguards.
Looking to Get Dental Veneers in Plano, TX?
If your teeth appear ungainly with discoloration, chips, and cracks, Arte Dental can help improve their looks to give you a confident smile. Are you looking to get dental veneers in 75024? After considering all factors, book a consultation with us today to get porcelain veneers near Frisco and select a suitable version of veneers for your teeth!